As a nonprofit organization, we rely on critical donations from people like you to achieve our mission. In 2021, IDEO.org celebrated 10 years of impact. Since our founding, we’ve designed solutions that have reached over 68 million people. And we couldn’t have done it without the generous support of our donors. Your giving has enabled us to:
- Help over 600K women and girls make more informed decisions about their health and life
- Enable over 4M farmers and entrepreneurs to advance their livelihoods
- Support over 2.3M communities impacted by conflict and disaster to rebuild their lives
Through our consulting projects, we’ve helped organizations embrace innovation and center the perspectives of the communities they serve to co-design solutions to challenges in health, equity, and economic mobility. In 2022, we’re raising funding to support the critical field-building activities needed to continue supporting our partners toward realizing greater impact. These investments will allow us to build and share new tools and resources for partner organizations across the globe, build evidence for human-centered design for impact, and advance diversity, equity, and inclusion within the field of design. As we step into our next chapter, we hope that we can continue to count on your support and generosity in order to:
- Launch an Internship for people under-represented in design: We’re raising funding to support IDEO.org’s internship program for underrepresented designers (i.e. designers who identify as BIPOC, LGBTQ+ people, and/or people who are from or have lived experience in the communities and regions where IDEO.org works).
- Evolve Design Kit for the next generation of designers: We want to invest in evolving our tools to better reflect design as we practice it today—imbuing it with tools to help organizations embrace co-design and systems thinking in their human-centered design practice.
- Build a body of evidence around design for impact: We are seeking funding to support the development of three case studies that will explore the strengths of our co-design approach and how design can influence systemic change in the U.S. and East Africa. Your support will enable us to share our learnings with our partners through digital publications, online events, and attendance at key conferences.