We’re currently looking for an experienced Senior Executive Assistant & Studio Coordinator to join our New York City studio. This person will provide coordination and project management support (i.e. scheduling, event production, mailing, research, writing, editing, etc) to the CEO, COO, and our New York City studio. In this role, you will gain the opportunity to work with our senior leadership team to help advance IDEO.org’s strategic priorities and work on different projects across our organization (i.e. fundraising, marketing, business development, board management, operations, and more). You will report to our Chief of Staff.
In This Role, You Will:
(60%) Support leaders with calendar, coordination, and logistical support:
- Strategically coordinating schedules for senior leadership including arranging travel and logistics, researching and compiling briefs in preparation for meetings and events, compiling perspectives on donor interests and partnerships, preparing presentations for leadership for internal/external audiences, and creating an optimal experience for the leadership team.
- Compiling and sharing weekly briefs and updates to communicate engagements and priorities for each leader.
- Managing monthly expense reporting and submitting travel, phone, and internet reimbursements
- Coordinating global and local studio events (ex. board Meetings, global team meetings, team offsites, inspiration trips, dinners, etc.) including identifying optimal times across three time zones; suggesting content and ideas; researching and identifying event speakers, presentations, locations/venues; scheduling prep calls; managing catering; etc.
- Proactively managing multiple stakeholders, providing a high level of customer service and responsiveness to requests for information, meeting scheduling, and resolution of issues that may arise.
- Supporting other leadership priorities as needed (i.e. fundraising, diversity, equity, and inclusion, strategy sessions, Board management, event production, etc).
(30%) Support NYC studio and operation needs:
- Managing contracts and payments for vendors and contractors hired for NYC studio and/or leadership team needs.
- Managing studio technology needs by creating mechanisms and systems to track, order, and distribute technology for the studio.
- Liaising with building management to ensure smooth studio operations (i.e. coordinating studio events with building management, ensuring visitors have access to the studio, etc).
- Managing day-to-day studio operations including mailing, shipments, visitors, organization and studio hygiene, etc.
(10%) Support community engagement:
- Supporting studio calendar and experience coordination including: conceptualizing and implementing studio experience events, scheduling, booking rooms, and managing logistics of mailings and distribution of event materials.
- Supporting or leading workstreams around internal initiatives or partner-facing events. For example:
- Engaging with ongoing internal Diversity, Equity & Inclusion initiatives
- Helping organize one of our bi-annual Studio Home Weeks
- Organizing an inspiring partner event on Designing for Women
- Contributing to studio management with support and direction from studio leadership to create a welcoming, healthy and fun studio environment for our staff in the NYC studio.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You bring at least 2-3 years of professional experience as an executive assistant or similar role with responsibilities that include coordination, event production, booking and managing travel, expense reporting, facilities management, operations, administrative support, and project management.
- You’re proactive and organized, and are able to prioritize, manage, and resolve multiple and sometimes competing tasks and projects.
- You have excellent attention to detail and are able to execute tasks thoughtfully and thoroughly.
- You’re comfortable working independently and know when to ask for help and/or bring in other team members to collaborate.
- You enjoy creating structure, but can remain flexible to changes or shifting priorities in order to create a better experience for everyone.
- You enjoy planning ahead and can help leaders anticipate and prepare for upcoming projects and priorities.
- You lead with humanity and generosity. Your intent with all your work is to create a positive impact—for a client, a partner, a teammate, and beyond.
- You’re able to work and communicate effectively with a variety of collaborators, including senior level executives, external partners, and Board members.
- You enjoy collaborating with teammates of diverse talents, skills, departments, and levels.
- You’re comfortable appropriately handling highly confidential and sensitive information.
- You’re excited about the role design can play in solving some of the world’s most complex social challenges—like reproductive health access, refugee rights, and criminal justice reform.
- Experience working with Slack, Google Suite, Expensify, Airtable, and Navan is ideal.
- Experience coordinating busy executive calendars including booking and managing travel, large meetings, offsites, and team celebrations is ideal.
IDEO.org values pay transparency to enable jobseekers to make informed and empowered choices with their time and effort. The salary range associated with a Sr. Leadership & Studio Coordinator is $70,000 - $75,000, with participation in our benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 4% 401k match, technology stipend, caregiver stipend, professional development stipend 6 weeks a year of paid vacation, 15 paid holidays a year, and a 5-week paid Sabbatical after 5 years of service.
Wondering where you might land within this range? The exact salary for a role will ultimately depend on many factors, including; peer data within our organization, level of specialization required in the role, a candidate’s level of direct and relevant experience, among others. During your interview process, your Recruiter will discuss level and salary with you, to help you better understand how we make equitable pay and level decisions at IDEO.org.
The When & Where
IDEO.org works with colleagues across the US and Nairobi, Kenya. To accommodate collaboration across time zones, we’re looking for someone who can be based in New York City, working from our NYC studio ~3 days/week, generally holding EST working hours, with some flexibility for early mornings to enable collaboration with Nairobi teammates. IDEO.org will provide a relocation stipend to relocate to NYC for the role.