We recognize the importance of having girls at the center of our design process, so we have created this program where our collaboration with you will be guided by human-centered design principles.
While learning these principles the following will be expected of you:
1. Strong commitment displayed through consistent engagement in the program and design activities.
2. You will work closely with our team of designers and community-based organizations.
3. You will be required to play an active role by making meaningful contributions during the design process and while working on your assignments
4. You will voice the challenges you would like to solve in your communities and be required to participate actively in the design process of the concepts.
At the end of the fellowship you should expect to have strengthened your voice so you can speak for and on behalf of others. You will realize the impactful role you play and the power that is already yours to be an agent of change.
1. Applicants must be female, between the age of 18- 22 years and permanent residents of Kenya.
2. Applicants must have demonstrated youth and/or community engagement experience.
3. Applicants must have the support of a community champion or organization that will serve as their referee and mentor for the duration of the fellowship.
4. To be considered for this opportunity, applicants must be available for not less than 3 days a week i.e. Monday, Wednesday & Thursday from 9am-5pm for the duration of the fellowship.
Our commitment to you will be demonstrated through our engaging curriculum that will allow your passion to thrive, drive innovation and empower you.
Email Christabel@ideo.org or Larrissa@ideo.org for more information.